Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
Christmas Cyber Lecture
Tuesday, 18 December 2012 from 13:00 to 16:30 (GMT)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
The aim of this Christmas lecture is to present some of exciting work and challenges within Cyber space. It thus focuses on:
- Cracking Codes: Human v Human, Computer v Human and Computer v Computer. Presented by Prof Bill Buchanan.
- Social Networking and Tracking. Presented by Dr Ian Ferguson.
- On-line Safety. Presented by Eamonn Keanne.
There will be prizes awarded and goodie bags for all. Pupils will be give the chance to crack codes, and then awarded a prize on the day of the event.
Who should attend?
This event is aimed at Scottish S3-S6 pupils and teachers, and focuss on outlining some of the key challenges within computing and cyber space at the current time.
It will be held at the Craiglockhart Campus, Edinburgh Napier University on Tuesday 18 December 2012. There are two events: 1-2:30pm, and 3pm-4:30pm. The event is arranged by SICSA, University of Abertay and Edinburgh Napier University, and is supported by a range of organisations.
School Teachers should register the number of pupils that will be attended.
- Martin Beaton. SICSA: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill Buchanan. Edinburgh Napier University. Email: email@example.com.
- Ian Ferguson. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Eamonn Keanne. Scottish Police.